The Scholarship Program
The application period is from July 1 to September 30 of each year.
The objective of the Ndokwa Association In America Scholarship Foundation is to improve Ndokwa human capital through investment in education.
Full scholarship award will be given to each Local Government Area: Ndokwa East, Ndokwa West, and Ukwuani, in the amount of $500 towards tuition, per student per academic year.
The scholarship criteria are as follows:
- The candidate must be an Ndokwa indigene by Parentage (Father or Mother).
- The candidate must be enrolled in an undergraduate degree or HND program in any higher institution in Nigeria.
- Selection will be based on need and merit.
- A student must maintain an average grade point (A.G.P.) of 2.5 in a 4 point Scale and 3.0 in a 5 point Scale.
- Each applicant shall accompany his/her application with two of the following recommendation letters:
- a letter from an academic adviser at the student's school,
- a signed or notarized identification letter by a Justice of the Peace (JP) from your Local Government Area
- Each recipient must notify Ndokwa Association in America of any internship/Houseman-ship/Industrial Training during the academic year.
- This award will not include any semester the recipient is on a field training unless upon a prior approval from Ndokwa Association In America, Inc. Scholarship Committee.
- A recipient must provide his/her transcript for the previous semester before receiving the award money for the current semester.
- On a separate sheet of paper, before completing this application, please write an essay, type-written, 12 pt font size maximum, not less than one full page, describing your academic and career goals. Explain the value of your education in achieving them. You will be graded on grammar, content, punctuation, spelling, and originality. Attach the essay document along with other requested documents. We accept only Microsoft Word, PDF and RTF documents, for the essay.
Recipients will be selected and announced in the first quarter of the school year and the scholarship award follows thereafter. The following steps will govern the award:
- Completion of Online application form,
- Shortlisting of candidates for consideration (internal process)
- Notification of candidates in step 2 above (by phone and email)
- Candidates presentation of original hardcopies of documents to Verifiers for authentication
- Final selection of candidates
- Announcement and the presentation of award to candidates
Applicants are advised to have the digital or scanned copies of the following documents ready for attachment to their online application form. The system has a maximum of 20MB for the combined sizes of all attachments. Please ensure that your scanned documents do not exceed this maximum. Seek the help of a knowledgeable professional to scan your documents.:
- Most recent previous semester's department signed result,
- Most recent previous year's department signed result,
- Student ID,
- LGA ID,
- University Admission letter,
- Recommendation letters,
- Matriculation number,
- JAMB/UTME registration number,
- Any other document required to assess your qualification and eligibility for the scholarship.
You will receive an email confirmation of your application after you click the submit button on the form. Please read the above instructions and print (use the printer icon on the right side of this page) them for reference before completing the online form. The system will not allow you to save your application for later completion. You must complete the application in one session. If you loose your application before submitting it because of the loss of internet connection, you must start the process over from the beginning.